|Posted on April 15, 2017 at 7:25 AM|
"If you are as seriously alcoholic as we were, we believe there is no middle-of-the-road solution. We were in a position where life was becoming impossible, and if we had passed into the region from which there is no return through human aid, we had but two alternatives: One was to go on to the bitter end, blotting out the consciousness of our intolerable situation as best we could; and the other, to accept spiritual help." p.25 Alcoholics Anonymous
There are only two options here, only two.
1. Accept our being overpowered, controlled and hopeless, certain that the alcohol is not an option for us.
2. Continue drinking as much as you like whenever you like regardless of the consequences of alcoholism.
Option one is clearly the only sane option here.
As an alcoholic, I have tried countless alternative options to these only two. I used to get dehydrated from alcohol and would drink liters of water the next day. This did not help my alcoholism at all. Drinking heroic quantities of water was not an option.
Today, no longer dehydrated in the mornings, I need to remember to drink at least eight cups of water a day.
Today's healthy tip:
10 Reasons to Drink Water.
1. Water is essential for survival. A person can live for about a month without food, but only about a week without water.
2. Water helps to maintain healthy body weight.
3. Water leads to increased energy levels.
4. Drinking adequate amounts of water can decrease the risk of certain types of cancers.
5. For a majority of sufferers, drinking water can significantly reduce joint or back pain.
6. Water leads to overall greater health by flushing out wastes, toxins and bacteria.
7. Water can prevent and alleviate headaches.
8. Water naturally moisturizes our body tissues.
9. Water aids in the digestion process.
10. Water is the primary mode of transportation for all nutrients in the body and is essential for proper circulation.
WATER -- Natures drink-- available with or without a fancy bottle.